Thursday, December 24, 2009

SELECTED WORKS: JØRGEN BRYDE by Xerxes


SELECTED WORKS: JØRGEN BRYDE
Xerxes
Format: MP3, FLAC, ALAC...
Released 24 December 2009
Genre: Electronic
Style: Anbient, Chill
Credits: Composed, arranged and sequenced by Klaus Lunde.

This one is personal. Jørgen is one of my best friends in life. He has cancer of the worst kind possible. We were childhood friends and he taught me a lot about music and how to listen to it properly. He has a wonderful sense of humour that is impossible to explain. We spent some years apart as I travelled overseas and worked outside of Norway. One day we met at the local pub and I asked him to join me for a concert in Riga. He thought about it for about 20 seconds and said "yeah! ofcourse!". This really sums up how Jørgen is as a person. The word "no" is not in his vocabulary. Without a doubt, he is one of the most kind and understanding people I have ever met. I am proud, happy and very secure when I say that Selected Works : Volume 4 is dedicated with all my heart to Jørgen - and I wish him the very best for the years to come.

Having said this, I would like to do the following: All money earned from music sales starting today of ANY of my 6 releases so far (including 1000 dollars from allready sold music) will go towards flying Jørgen to New York City for a Mets or Yankees baseball home game in april/may 2010.

Thank you everyone for the eternal support. I hope one day I can return it!
Merry christmas and happy holidays.
Klaus / Xerxes

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The first track on this compilation is not composed, arranged nor sequenced by myself. It is 100% made by a friend of mine who recently got into chillout music. His name is Kristian Linna. And mark my words - you want to keep tabs on what he is up to. I chose to include this track because I absolutely adore it - and I am quite sure Jørgen and all of you out there will as well! Check his site here: luun-music.com
facebook.com/xerxesmusic
myspace.com/xerxesambient
twitter.com/musicbyxerxes

Tracklist:
1. Frozen 04:40
2. Eventyr (Intro) 03:39
3. Jørgens Theme 08:49
4. Blessed 04:03
5. The Day We Met 03:40
6. Picture of Her 04:50
7. Eventyr (Main) 04:16
8. X-Rayed 03:18
9. Deja Vu 02:22
10. Siberia 02:33
11. Upperhand 02:40
12. Modulating Gaia 12:23

<a href="http://xerxes-music.com/album/selected-works-j-rgen-bryde">Frozen by Xerxes</a>

No comments:

Total Pageviews