Label: Ghostly International
Format: 8 x File, MP3, 320 kbps, Free Download
Released: Apr 2010
A 40-minute exploration of Ghostly's "SMM" artists, whose mysterious, home-grown sound was inspired by Brian Eno's original concept of ambient music. The style is exemplified by contemplative instrumental textures and sweeping melodic gestures. The Music for Creatives compilation is a joint effort between longtime admirers Ghostly International and Behance; its release coincides with The 99% Conference, Behance's yearly summit on creativity and productivity. Music for Creatives is built to inspire deep dives into the dark waters of creative flow.
FREE Download Here
- 1. AEROC - PLEASE GO WRONG
- Electro-acoustic textures from Aeroc's 2004 debut Viscous Solid.
- 2. THE SIGHT BELOW - AT FIRST TOUCH
- A slice of downbeat gloom from The Sight Below's 2008 debut Glider.
- 3. KILN - HONG
- A gauzy treat, first appearing on Kiln's 2004 Sunbox EP.
- 4. SYNTAKS - PHANTASMOGORIA
- From the Danish electro-shoegaze duo's 2009 debut Ylajali.
- 5. CHRISTOPHER WILLITS - BREATHE (Fountain)
- A selection from the guitarist/producer's ambient cycle, 2004's Breathe (In Seven Sections). Taken from 2004's SMM, Vol. 2 compilation.
- 6. CEPIA - RAMP
- Cool, foggy atmospherics from 2006's Idol Tryouts Two compilation.
- 7. TYCHO - COASTAL BRAKE (Hatchback's Cosmic Caviar Dub)
- A surf-inspired dance track from the producer / designer's 2009 "Coastal Brake" single.
- 8. LUSINE - EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN
- Beat-heavy ambient from the Seattle producer's 2004 classic Serial Hodgepodge.