Cassegrain is the collaborative force of Red Bull Music Academy Alumni Alex Tsiridis and Hüseyin Evirgen, who’ve had a busy year so far with much-lauded releases on Killekill, M_Rec Ltd., and Prologue. From their positively thunderous Tin Man collaboration Carnal to the unsettling, glitched bleep techno of Painter/Palette EP, not to mention their Coptic EP (read the IA review here), Cassegrain’s sound is otherworldly, always threatening to break their genre’s rigorous structure and evaporate in an intricate mist of mechanized sound design.
In their mix, the duo investigate this sense of sonic exploration, “the more experimental side of techno, not really for the dancefloor.” Read the interview below for some insights into their musical background and approach, as well as future plans and Hüseyin’s extraterrestrial concerns.
1. Demdike Stare - Metamorphosis
2. SHXCXCHCXSH - HHHHHHHGGKS
3. Cassegrain - untitled
4. Cassegrain & Tin Man - Visitor
5. Forward Strategy Group - TTH
6. Bill Youngman - Wespe
7. Roberto - Going Fast Nowhere
8. Skudge - Man On Wire (Marcel Dettman remix)
9. SHXCXCHCXSH - SWSWWWSSWSW
10. Cassegrain - Plate #1
11. V.A - 9 (Autechre remix)
12. Aiken - Second Balance (Regis Remix)
13. Dscrd - The Dawn