Who is moodcut? This is a question being thrown around pretty frequently these days and rightly so, since dropping the ‘Tame Cats’ EP on nous-disques back in November, moodcut has gone from being an unknown artist to a producer being tipped for bigger and better things in 2015.
For this Podcast, moodcut-1 has brought together a serious selection of dusty house burners, Chicago and Detroit infused cuts and the hazy aspects of what made his Nous EP (and his own production) so damn infectious. Tracks from terekke, patriciaaa, route8, willis-anne and Kassem Mosse all helping to showcase the buzz and excitement that currently surrounds house music, which in (a large) part is down to labels such l-i-e-s, lobster-theremin, opal-tapes, nous-disques and Workshop, to name a few.
No matter how many more questions get asked, one thing’s for certain, moodcut just killed it with this mix.
Thanks for all the support during 2014. See you on the other side.
1. Cloudface – 612 (Going Good)
2. Terekke – Bank 3 (L.I.E.S.)
3. Patricia – Josephine (Black Opal)
4. Independence Ave. Orchestra – Welfare (Proibito)
5. Spoiled Drama – The Sun In Your Face (Route 8 Remix) (Nous)
6. Miltiades – WA4.sun (Echovolt)
7. Route 8 – Cruising (Lobster Theremin)
8. Geena – How Sensitive (Antinote)
9. Willis Anne – The C Track (Nous / Berceuse Heroique)
10. Felix T – Moonshine (Wild Open Space)
11. Hinode – Escape (Monkey Bar)
12. 45 ACP – Breakin Out (Dog In The Night)
13. Kassem Mosse – Track 9 (Workshop)